Even though Wisconsin is one of the friendliest places in the country, Wisconsin residents take budgeting seriously and finding cheap auto insurance in Wisconsin is one of the most popular searches on our website and why shouldn’t it be? With our free “Rapid Quote Partner Network”, saving money with low cost auto insurance quotes in Wisconsin is not only possible, it happens every single day and our partner network represents some of the best insurance companies in Wisconsin and the country.
Cheap Auto Insurance in Wisconsin
Why has online quoting become so popular in Wisconsin? Because residents have learned as millions of others have, that it’s the only way to guarantee that you get cheap auto insurance in Wisconsin on a consistent basis whenever you’re quoting insurance. These days, with tight household budgets, saving money is more critical than ever and since November 2009 the Wisconsin Financial Responsibility Law made auto insurance mandatory instead of optional and the only way to opt out is to prove you have the financial means to self insure.
While thousands of Wisconsin residents go online to find cheap auto insurance in Wisconsin, this may be your first time quoting online. The benefits of this free process can’t be overstated and the process of calling insurance agents, setting up meetings and spending hours in their offices not knowing if you’re getting the best quotes has been outdated.
Cheap Auto Insurance in Wisconsin-Why Online Quoting?
Here are just a few of the benefits of free online quoting for auto insurance discounts for Wisconsin residents:
- You can get multiple free quotes from top tier companies in 15-30 minutes right from the comfort of your own home 24/7, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- By getting multiple quotes you’re essentially allowing auto insurance companies to compete for your business.
- Auto insurance companies all quote insurance differently and as a result, rates vary considerably.
- Your first quote that you get is often not the best quote you’ll receive.
- Online quoting allows you to adjust and change variables during the quoting process so you can adjust coverage amounts, types of coverage and deductible amounts to see what effect each variable has on your quote.
- Getting multiple quotes online is the only way that you’re going to be sure that you’re getting the cheapest auto insurance in Wisconsin possible.
- It’s a free, fast and convenient process that allows you to get the job done without ever leaving your home and is available to do when you have even a small window of time to give it your attention.
- Most people dislike shopping for insurance because of the need to reach out to sales agents. With online quoting it becomes more of a process of discovery instead of drudgery.
Those are pretty powerful reasons to shop for cheap auto insurance in Wisconsin online with us and it’s also why millions of folks nationwide now shop for all of their insurance insurance needs online. As you’ll see when you begin quoting, we offer quoting for nearly every type of insurance an individual or business would need.
Cheap Auto Insurance in Wisconsin-What You Need to Know!
The process of getting multiple online quotes is pretty simply. You just put in your zip code, select the type of insurance you’re looking for, click “get quote” and you’ll be given a page with our partner network providers that serve your area with discount quoting.
We quote by zip code because it not only allows us to display the partners that serve your area, but also because insurance companies use actuarial statistics to measure the amount of auto insurance claims, theft claims and auto vandalism in your area. The more highly populated an area is, such as a large city, the higher the premium basis will be in most cases. For example, the average annual premiums in 2011 for Milwaukee is about $1356 compared to $1009 for Madison Wisconsin. That’s a pretty substantial difference, so where you live is meaningful, though there may be little you can do about it at this time.
Fortunately, there are many things you can do to ensure you really do get cheap auto insurance in Wisconsin as compared to other Wisconsin residents that don’t get the information you’re about to get. If you’re a new young driver in Wisconsin and you need to learn a little about the types of auto insurance coverage available, click on the link and take a moment to learn about auto insurance coverage types and how they apply to you.
The Minimum Coverage Amounts Required in Wisconsin are as Follows:
Bodily Injury Liability: $50,000 per person/$100,000 Max.
Property Damage Liability: $15,000 Max.
Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $100,000/$300,000 Max.
Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $100,000/$300,000 Max.
The state of Wisconsin uses what is known as a Tort System. This means that if you get into an accident, someone will be found to be “at fault” for causing the incident, and whoever that person is, they and their insurance company will bear the brunt of the responsibility for all the damages that occurred in the accident. You should be aware that the details of a tort system vary from state to state in a number of ways.
It’s also mandatory in Wisconsin that you get Uninsured and Under insured coverage. That’s not mandatory in all states, but it is in Wisconsin and for good reason. Even though auto insurance is required, some folks still live on the edge or feel they can’t afford insurance so they choose not to get coverage. If you don’t have this coverage, that person could get into an accident with you and you and your insurance coverage will end up paying for your damage and injuries.
Cheap Auto Insurance in Wisconsin-How to Save!
Savings can come in many forms, here are some of the best:
- Drive a car with a high safety rating.
- If you drive an older car, have some safety features installed.
- Drive less miles by carpooling or riding a bike. More miles = higher rates.
- If you’re car is worth less than about $4000 consider not getting collision coverage.
- Consider moving to a more rural location where premiums will be cheaper.
- Increase your deductible. This can save you a considerable amount of money, but don’t make it so high that having an accident will create financial difficulty to pay the deductible.
- Take advantage of any good student discounts that you may qualify for as a high school or college student.
- Take a state accredited defensive driving course that may be offered in Wisconsin.
- Don’t drive an car that is expensive to repair or a high performance car that is viewed as a higher risk in the eyes of the insurance companies.
- Maintain a clean driving record and as good of a credit rating as possible.
- Consider staying on your parents policy if you’re still a dependent.
- Get multiple policies with the same insurance company. We offer auto, home, health, life, motorcycle and more.
Just for reassurance, feel free to check out this article about additional ways to save on your car insurance.
If you’re looking for car insurance for a new young driver, click on this link to learn more about aspects of obtaining quotes that are unique to you.
At this point, you’re ready to begin quoting your insurance. It’s recommended you get a minimum of 3 quotes to ensure you get the best pricing possible. Often companies will give incentives for new customers if you’re selecting a new company. The process is pretty self explanatory, so plan on spending about 15-30 minutes to get the job done. We hope you enjoyed the article and we hope you enjoy the savings!