If you’re looking for car insurance for a 20 year old, our Rapid Quote Partner Network is soon going to become your best friend. Our partner network is designed to offer some of the best car insurance quotes available in the marketplace for consumers in every age group, even young drivers. By obtaining multiple free quotes for car insurance for a 20 year old, you’re in a unique position to allow our top tier insurance companies to compete for your business. Taking a few critical minutes to obtain multiple quotes on our Rapid Quote System is the only way for you to know for certain that you’re getting the lowest car insurance possible for your particular driving circumstances because as you’ll find out, your first quote is often not your best quote.
Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old-The Facts
While millions of people today shop for their insurance of all types online, this may be your first experience with online quoting so we take you by the hand to guide you through the process. Relax, it’s an easy and very convenient system to use, but there are some terms related to car insurance coverage that you need to know to make sure you get the coverage you’re looking for in the right amount to meet the State minimum requirements where you live. Please use the link above to learn about the types of coverage available.
It’s important to understand that the location where you live is important when quoting insurance, especially car insurance. When you begin quoting, you’ll enter your zip code into our system to begin the process. Your zip code is used by our system and by the insurance companies in two very different ways. It’s used by our system to allow our partner network to display the partners that are serving your area that may be offering special pricing at the present time. It’s used by insurance companies because they keep actuarial statistics about the car insurance claims for car theft, vandalism and car accident claims in your area.
As a young person you may be considering relocating at some point. Just know that the more densely populated a location is, the better the chances there are for the above types of claims and the more insurance costs as a base price for anyone of any age. As a young adult looking for Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old, you owe it to yourself to maintain a clean driving record free of claims and tickets to the very best of your ability. It’s your future and it’s a long one so start the program out on the best foot. You may not realize it now, but it could save you tens of thousands of dollars over the course of your lifetime.
Online quoting is a powerful tool that puts the power of shopping for the best quote and having car insurance companies compete for your business directly into your hands. To learn more about the advantages of online quoting, click on the link and a new window will open. Take advantage of this free process for every type of insurance you get.
Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old-No Fault VS. At Fault
Lastly, it’s important to know that car insurance is regulated at the State level in every State and each one operates a little differently with two predominant systems. One is “no fault” and one is “at fault” where the state operates under a Tort system of law regarding car insurance. As a young adult looking for car insurance for a 20 year old, one or the other system is going to affect you so learning about them is really quite important.
No fault insurance is where you and your insurance company will be responsible for damages to you or your passengers in a car accident no matter who is really at fault. Under at fault, one person will be found responsible and they along with their insurance company will pay for damages and injury.
Why ‘No-Fault’ in the First Place?
Logically speaking, the negligent party in an accident should bear the responsibility for all damages incurred. If you’re in an accident in which the other driver is clearly at fault, why should your insurance company have to pay for the damages to your car? After all, when you file a claim, your car insurance rates typically go up, regardless of whether the damages were your fault or not.
The problem is that courts must decide who was at fault. If the negligent party denies blame (and why wouldn’t he?), then you have to take him to court. In states without no-fault insurance laws, the legal system is clogged with such cases. This is why many states enacted laws that not only eliminate the issue of “fault,” but also specify the amount paid for medical expenses and lost wages. Instead of settling things in court, under no-fault insurance, each person accepts responsibility for his or her own damages and losses and collects directly from their own insurance company. (The above summary compliments of CarInsuranceRates.com)
Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old-Ways to Save
Educating you is important in this process, but we know that saving money on car insurance is why you’re here. While car insurance is more costly when you first start to drive because of your lack of experience, by now as a 20 year old you’re beginning to get some experience under your belt and you’re now entering one of the most important driving times of your life.
While young women do get a slight break on car insurance than young men do because of young men being a higher risk, your march to being 25 years old is when you will begin seeing discounts simply for your age if you have a clean driving record. This is the optimum time to get multiple quotes when looking to get car insurance so you can save however and wherever possible.
Ways to save when quoting your car insurance include:
- Driving a practical late model car that’s not expensive to insure or repair.
- If your car is worth less than about $4000 you may be able to avoid getting collision insurance.
- Take advantage of any good student discounts that you may qualify for.
- Getting multiple policies with the same company. We offer every type of insurance you need.
- Driving less miles has an effect on your rates. The longer you’re on the road the more expensive you’ll be to insure. If you can bike or carpool to work to save miles you can lessen the cost of your car insurance.
- Maintain a clean driving record and a solid credit report. Your credit score does come into play to a lesser degree so keeping it as high as possible puts lower premiums in your favor.
- Avoid driving sports cars, import cars or muscle cars that are more costly to insure and repair.
- Make sure your car has basic safety features such as airbags, seat belts and a theft protection system.
- Quote your insurance at least every other year to ensure you’re still getting the best deal in the marketplace for your situation.
- Your deductible has a huge bearing on your insurance premiums. Make sure you quote a deductible that is high enough to have a positive impact on your car insurance rates, but not so high that paying for it in the case of an accident would create a financial hardship for you or your family.
- Make sure that you don’t have duplicate coverage for medical needs where your car insurance may overlap with medical insurance you may have.
- Get multiple online quotes to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible the same way you shop for food, clothes or anything else. There’s no need to overpay.
Look, car insurance is serious adult business and treating as such will save you thousands of dollars by the time your able to get more discounts because of your age, experience and your ability to maintain a clean driving record. Online quoting is by far the best way to guarantee you’re getting the lowest pricing. Get started now, start saving money and we hope you learned from this article and enjoy the savings.