Acquiring Cheap Car Insurance in DC doesn’t have to be difficult or complicated when saving money is your primary goal. At OnlineInsuranceAgents.net you can use the power of our Rapid Quote Partner Network to seek out multiple free quotes in minutes from top insurance companies and get the best bargain car insurance in DC that we offer.
It isn’t often that you can save money on something you want, much less something that’s required like car insurance, but saving 10%-40% with our Partner Network is a reality for Washington DC car insurance customers that take the time to compare car insurance quotes in DC. For some pretty astonishing details about online quoting and why it’s so powerful to cut premium costs allowing our customers to consistently get cheap car insurance in DC, you can view on of our previous articles about the savings from quoting car insurance online here.
Cheap Car Insurance in DC-Quoting by Zip Code
While you may be a seasoned car insurance buyer, our objective is to not only provide you with the lowest DC car insurance prices, but to also educate you about the online car insurance quoting process and the minimum car insurance requirements that you need to meet in DC and all of Maryland while obtaining the cheap car insurance in DC that you’re looking for.
Location is an important component to car insurance because the car insurance companies keep actuarial statistics about things like the claims for accidents, theft and vandalism for each zip code. When you enter your zip code into our quoting system to find the cheapest car insurance in DC, our system directs the partners in our network to display those serving your specific area offering discounted insurance at the present time. You can think of the zip code as setting a foundation on which your quotes are based.
What is the Average Car Insurance Cost in Washington DC?
Aside from anything to do with you and your situation, it’s important to know that the national average for car insurance is about $1454 while the Maryland average is about $1922. These averages vary up and down with time. The average for Washington DC is about $2050 or so and as you may already know there are numerous zip codes in DC.
Cheap Car Insurance in DC – Maryland Requirements
As you may be aware, car insurance in Washington DC is regulated at the State level in the State of Maryland. It’s regulated at the State level in every State and Maryland is no different. What does vary though, is the cost of insurance based on where you live in Maryland and even where you live in Washington DC.
Before we discuss the requirements, how much do you understand about car insurance? To get a quick basic primer that will help you greatly while quoting, you can go to one of our partner sites as a reference for the 7 different types of car insurance available.
Maryland follows a Tort system when it comes to car insurance. What this means for you the insured is that if you’re in an accident, someone will be found to be “at-fault” for the accident and they along with their insurance company will have to pay for damages that result from the accident. Details of a Tort system can vary from State to State, but the basic premise holds true.
Maryland also requires you to have under insured and uninsured motorist liability protection. While it’s not required in every state, it is in Maryland and frankly, it’s one of the most affordable and most important coverages you can have. The minimum required coverage for this is $25,000 per person and up to $50,000 per accident to cover bodily injury sustained in an accident.
With that being said, the minimum car insurance requirements for Washington DC are:
Bodily Injury Liability: $25,000/$50,000 Limit
Property Damage Liability: $10,000 Limit
Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $25,000/$50,000 Limit
Cheap Car Insurance in DC – The Many Ways to Save
Now we’re getting to the heart of the matter. You came here to save money. You’ve learned how important online quoting is. You’ve learned the minimum requirements for the State of Maryland that you need to adhere to. Now, let’s talk about all of the ways you can really tighten the belt buckle on the savings.
Below are Some Rock Solid Ways to Make Sure You Get cheap car insurance in DC for Your Situation:
- Drive a car of lesser value so you can possibly get rid of collision coverage. You’ll know that you can if the cost to fix your car in most accidents is more than the car is worth.
- Raise your deductible as much as possible to save money. Don’t do it to the point that you can’t afford it if you were get into an accident.
- Don’t drive a car that has a low overall safety rating. Own a car that has the most critical safety features. Often aftermarket safety features can be added if you have an older car.
- There is no point to driving a high performance car that is costly to repair. Nor one that is stolen or vandalized often or has a history of high accident claims because of the temptation to race the car and drive it recklessly. Obviously, this defeats the purpose of trying to get the lowest car insurance in DC.
- Can you drive less miles by carpooling or biking more often? Less miles, saves money on car insurance and there are many ways to save on miles.
- Combining policies with the same insurance company. We have that ability because we carry just about every type of insurance you may need.
- You or your kids can get discounts for good grades in high school or college that may apply if they’re still in school (or you for that matter).
- Taking a few minutes to get 3-5 online quotes to make sure you’re receiving the lowest pricing for the coverage you’re looking for.
- Keeping a good claim free driving record.
- Having a good credit rating will also help to a lesser degree.
As you can see, your ability to save with our system and our knowledge base has never been better. It’s our job to help you in every way possible and educating you is a big part of that process. We hope you’ve enjoyed this article and that you really enjoy the savings!